June 6, 2007

Haiti Update

Well, if you haven't heard, Jason VanLue and Addam Masri stayed at the airport because the meds for the clinics wasn't let through! They have had a difficult time doing anything with the customs officials because, due to the culture, everyone moves so slowly. Hopefully they will be able to pull some strings tomorrow and get them today. If they don't get them today, it will be Friday before they can try again: Thursday is a national holiday = nothing gets done. :o) So, please pray! Pray that God will move in the hearts of those responsible to allow the meds through!!

Everyone seems to be doing great - nobody's gotten sick! It's very, very hot but it sounds like they're having fun and working hard!
***Update***
This is just in from Kayla Arnold:
"Even though we are having a great time in serving those at the orphange through various projects, construction (trying to clear a basketball court for the kids and painting and the construction team is building a girls' orphanage) gettting the medicine is on the forefront of all our minds. God's will is in all of this - he has a plan. Please pray we do not get weary or discouraged waiting, it seems that's what we are doing. The key phrase around here is "hurry and wait". Waiting for the medicine. Also pray that we do not get discouraged trying to communicate with the Haitians (even though Cynthia's translations are awesome - there's only one of her!) :) Everyone's healthy, Caleb Lightfoot stubbed his tow in the water on one of the rocks (there's a beach by the hotel we are staying at) but other than that we are all alive and well and surviving heat and mosquitos :) The view is breathtaking, and God is good :) Please keep us in your prayers!"
Aw, Caleb, I hope you're alright!!! :o(

4 comments:

Medana22 said...

My heart sunk when I heard this:( I will absolutely run to the throne for all involved. Thanks for the update~

Anonymous said...

I will be praying! It is amazing God can heal regardless of medicine :) He is the great physican! Pray that everyone's faith, especially those of the medical team will increase as a result of this. May God give them the gift of healing, that when they lay hands on those who are sick, they will be healed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I found you through your sister's blog. Good to see you on here. :)
Thanks for the update on the Haiti trip. I'd heard they weren't able to get the meds through, but it's nice to know more details. I will continue to be praying that God would be at work during their time there. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I will be praying to those meds, But God is sovereign!

Thanks for the update.