June 25, 2007

Countdown...26 Days!

Here we go! We're down to 26 days - that's less than a month, folks! Now the Ladies Retreat is over, I will be working to prepare for my Mission:X trip July 22-30! As has recently been described to me, here are my specific responsibilities before and during the trip. (And, as promised in an earlier post, I wanted to provide you with specific ways to pray for me.)

1. Serve. There will be plenty of opportunities to serve in a variety of ways during this trip – setting up and tearing down for the workshops, helping in the kitchen – an amazing experience since it is so different from what we are used to.
2. Administration. It's amazing how many admin details there are - what a joy to be called upon to do what I love! I will also be putting together gifts for each of the individuals who attend the conference (more on this later).
3. Assist. Eric will be teaching a class on playing a solo instrument. I will also be serving Ody as she teaches a women’s “taller” (or workshop). I will get to sit on a panel and try to answer questions about worship as it pertains to our lives.
4. Drama. Not many details yet, but this is always fun! :o)
5. Play. I will be playing violin at times during worhsip.
6. Pray. There will be many, many opportunities to minister and pray for individuals.
7. Small group. Each small group will have questions to participate in and a journal to keep of our time there. These groups will be for accountability and spiritual growth.

So you can see I have a lot to get ready for! :o) I appreciate your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! Less than 1 month away! What an amazing gift of God to give the opportunity to serve in this way! I am praying that God gives you much grace in your preparation and as we are there! Thanks for your willingness to obey His calling and to serve in the many ways that you will!