Saturday Update on Haiti
DISCLAIMER: I am going off of what has been told to me. :o) Some details may not be accurate - you know, phone connection and all. :o)
Well, I just got a call from Kathy! I heard that she wasn't feeling well yesterday and today. She seems to be doing better now. My dad wasn't feeling well, Leah has strep throat and Derek and a few others weren't feeling good.
She said they had a bad storm last night which must have made for some fun hikes this morning! :o)
Today they're doing arts and crafts and the construction team is almost finished with what they were working on. Apparently they've gotten so much done and surprised the overseer with being able to clear the ground for the girls orphanage!
Tomorrow they're going to church and are planning to take the kids to the beach! I'm sure that will be a blast!!!!
Let's see...what else?
- Daniel took a picture of the ceiling with the precious Polaroid film. Apparently the orphanage team beat him up. :o)
- The best thing has been worshipping with the children.
- The most difficult thing has been the language barrier even though some speak a little English.
- It appears it is very easy to get a husband in Haiti...:o)
- The medical team were able to visit a village(?) yesterday and (with meds from the pharmacies there and what they brought in their personal luggage) were able to see 450 people. Hello! That is amazing! I am sure that is a miracle - what kindness from our God!
- The medical team slept on concrete floors Thursday night...and met up with some very large spiders (I heard they were the equivalent of the size of your hand. Yeah, I think I'd freak!)
Alright, well, until the next update comes through...
P.S. I think we should still pray that the meds are able to be claimed by the church there. The Lord softened Pharoah's heart, let's pray He will do the same with this government!

3 comments:
Hey Jen,
I've been reading your blog for a while and thought I should just say hello! :)
I love reading your updates - it's so fun; I'm trying to get Jason to teach me how to set up a blog for our family - we'll see how that goes, you know how bad I am with emails, it could be kind of scary!
Anyways... just wanted to say hi and I miss ya and love ya!
~ Mandy
Ok, Jenn some of your information is a little off ;)But we will forgive you. We will update it to be more accurate later.
I am coming back in 24 hours. YEAH!
I am going to miss the children, that is for sure. Well off to lunch and then to the beach!
Love you!
I KNOW I would freak if I woke up to a spider the size of my hand in my face! There's no thinking about it...
Post a Comment