December 29, 2007

Photography 101, A Legacy Worth Living

Besides looking at great pictures (and hopefully taking them myself, soon!), I have discovered I love pictures from my family's history. I want to know what the story behind each picture is. What was she doing? Why did she choose that outfit? That hair style? Did she love this picture? Did he think he was 'Mr. Man'? Did they realize they would be part of history as they posed for that picture? Pinned on that medal? What was that medal won for? Do they still have it? What is the love story, the fun, behind that gaze-into-your-eyes picture?


These are just a few of the questions that go through my mind as I look at my family's pictures....hopefully I can get some of the stories that go with the pictures. In the meantime, here are some of my favorites:








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I am LOVIN' these old photos!! What a gift to have!!! Thanks for sharing them! Love ya girl! ~Lynette

Debi Walter said...

Wow! Do all you can to find out the stories behind the pictures. I have a wall full of family photos that my Mom and Tom's mom has given to me. What a legacy these pictures represent. My mom says that when someone dies a library of information dies with them. Take the time to interview your grandparents if they're still alive to record their stories! Thanks for sharing these great photographs! Happy New Year!

Medana22 said...

Oh my, I love them! How fun to be able to look back...hope you find out the stories:)

Anonymous said...

Who is in the wedding photo 3rd down (I think). The bride looks JUST LIKE Steph! :o)

Stephanie J.

Anonymous said...

Wow, some of those are hilarious

Medana22 said...

Post some pics. of the girls party:)