October 14, 2006

Miscellaneous Musings

Well, a lot has happened since I last posted...and then again, not so much has happened at all!

My big news is...I finally got a car!!! Yes, it's true. I said goodbye to my baby of 8 years (very, very sad) and my first car ever. Then, God blessed me with a beautiful 03 Civic (picture coming soon?)! I love it and am so excited! I actually freaked out when I saw dust on the dashboard this morning!!! *gasp* ...and reality sets in! :)

Oh, I am supposedly going to be playing on the upcoming Metro Worship Project (Title TBD)! We had our first strings rehearsal last Sunday. It was quite interesting since every other string player was a veteran (at least in my book!) and can play so much better than me. One girl is only 17 but has been playing for 8 years and was giving suggestions and input to Steve Cook and Todd!!! Yeah, definitely don’t know anything like that. It took me a couple of days to realize that I didn’t even know one of the keys we were playing in…duh! No wonder it was so hard for me!  I did have fun and it’s nice to play with other string instruments. Right now there are four other violins and two cellos, with the possibility of adding two more violins. So we should have some strong sounds!! I’m excited about it, but can’t believe I’ve jumped off the porch to run with the big dogs, so to speak! I think the project is due out in the spring sometime, after a Live Recording on February 2nd (yay, I got the advertisement in for it! ). So, more to come on that, I guess…

So I was wondering last night as I drove over lots of really, really big bridges if I was going to make it. I did. I wasn't scared exactly, just in awe of my smallness on the huge expanse of water and how God is totally Sovereign because there's not much between me and the water!

And I was wondering at the way a baby recognizes a happy voice and responds with a smile....and why Cade's drool happened to land in my open mouth of all places! He’s so adorable and funny and takes after his Auntie Jenn…somehow.

So, I had a birthday on Thursday and am now very old as Lindsay kindly reminded me. I had a great time with a bunch of friends at Mimi's Cafe and had celebrated with my family the night before.

What else....Book I'm currently reading (and hope to finish today!): Trusting God. Excellent book! Music I'm currently listening to (which is literally, currently, since I haven't had a car to listen to music to for about three weeks!): Valley of Vision (can they get any better?!) and Selah's Greatest Hymns CD.

Hm…well, I’ll try to get pics up soon. Leave a comment if you stop by and say ‘hi’.

1 comment:

Meghann Roberts said...

I'm so proud of you!! I've been checking for an update for months =)! I still miss getting to hear what's going on with you on a somewhat daily basis! Fun to see what God is doing in your life and how He's blessing you! Can't wait to hear your violin in action!

See you on Thursday!
=) Meg