October 20, 2006

China's Little Lost Girls

So my mom and I watched a National Geographic from the library that Lisa Ling did on adopting from China. We both realized we had already seen it but couldn't help watching it again. It was just incredible. It takes a lot to get me to a sobbing point during a movie and this movie had me within a couple minutes! My prayer is that I will one day be able to rescue one of these precious little girls and teach them of the Saviour. What a privilege!!!

The many faces of the children - the laughter when the camera was on them, the fear of the unknown 'foreigner', the terror of being passed off to a stranger who (ironically) is now 'mommy', and the joy of a child who is loved and cared for and a part of a family...

What an incredible picture of God's love for us! We were nothing and He chose to rescue us, to save us. We had nothing to offer Him, nothing He needed, and He saved us. O the mystery!



One day...?

Psalm 139:13-16,
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."

No comments: