July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joshie!!!

Many of you know that Joshua broke his foot a little over a week ago. It was a really bad break and he's been in lots of pain. :( Yesterday was his 23rd birthday! I can't believe my little brother is already 23!!!!! He's caught up with me...because I'm 23, too, you know. Yep.

Anyway, we brought Chinese take-out...in...and ate dinner, played games, opened presents, ate cake and watched The Office ("I'd like to thank God for this Dundees Awards..." :). It was low-key but lots of fun!

I thought I'd post some pictures and let you all say a belated "Happy Birthday" since he's stuck in the house and can't go anywhere and you can only play the guitar for so long. :) Feel free to also post some of your memories of Josh over the years! Here's a few of mine...

  1. I remember eating breakfast reeeeeeeeeeally early in the morning at Denny's with TeeCee and Grandmother and Granddaddy while Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital to have Baby Joshua.
  2. I remember seeing him the first time and he was so little!
  3. I remember him calling out for our Beagle, Reebok: "Eeeeeeyop!" :o)
  4. I remember his debut in Free Willy for the infamous video we made for Granddaddy's birthday.
  5. I remember being so proud of him as he got certified as a diver - thinking there's no way I'd ever go in caves!
  6. I remember being grateful that he had to mow the lawn. :o)
  7. I remember the beginning of each school year and all the fun things we got to do.
  8. I remember the fateful Chimney Rock day and how so many people prayed for him during that time.
  9. I remember "Oh, look! It's a bedpan!" Heehee
  10. I remember his graduation day and being amazed at how the years flew by!

One of my absolute favorite things about you, Joshua, is your laugh! You, in turn, make me laugh like nobody else can - seriously! I love hearing you laugh and being the one you laugh at! I love you so much, Josh and pray for you often!!!

Love,

Gigi

Nice, mom. Notice the "I love, mom" tattoo that was actually her lipstick that she put on in case we took any pictures?

Putting her "poker face" on for B.S.
Caleb's "poker face"...oh wait, that's just Caleb. ;o)
See what I mean?
I think he's insisting he has a poker face but we all called him every time he was B.S.ing...
"Dorcas" :-D
So fun!!
Opening presents...
Reading the cards.
Josh's ice cream cake
Blow out that...candle. Notice his lovely cast.
And here is one of the many silly moments we create. Last night, anytime somebody said "I Love...," Daniel would finish with a quote from Fivel Goes West. I know. :o)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSHUA!

5 comments:

Steph said...

AWWW, JENN!!! That was so sweet! Thanks for putting all those LOVELY pics of me on your blog! ;)

Let's see...
*I remember playing Indiana Jones w/ Josh and cousin Travis on that rusty old swing in back of G'mom and G'dad's property
*...endless games of War (the card game) during the summer
*...me sitting on mom and dad's bed doing schoolwork, Josh sitting on the floor serenading me with the guitar (showing off his mad guitar-picking skills)

Anonymous said...

We have a few memories of Josh that we would like to share too.

We remember Josh being baby Jesus in the Christmas musical at Calvary. He was in a manger during part of the program.

We remember when Granddaddy was trying to figure out where to build the zip line, he first put it up on the terrace bank. Josh was the "guina pig" and tried it out first. He did it several times and fell several times. This one time he took a pretty bad fall. Your Mother asked Granddaddy if he was trying to kill her son?
Afterwards, when we realized he wasn't hurt, we were wishing we had taken a video of it and sent it in to "Funniest Home Videos".

We also remember Granddaddy and Josh going fishing together on Flat Top Mtn with our friend from the cove. We have pictures of Josh cleaning the fish. We told him he had to take at least one bite, and he did. Although, he made the strangest looking face.

Grandmother & Granddaddy

Anonymous said...

from your mother: :)
Wow, so many memories!
* You were my teeny weeny super guy (from Sesame St)and always will be, even though you tower over me
* The bench you made for me on the side of the house, and then the chicken coop you and Dad built later on
* your little brothers flying through the air OVER the pool on boogie boards, as you pulled them with a garden hose
* you and Travis climbing the hill on the campground in Colorado, feeling so grown up and mature! Ha!
* when asked for your signature, you said, "I don't have one"
* you sitting at the foot of my bed playing song after song on your guitar
* my deep and undying love for you...the day you were born and every day since!!! I love you!

Stevie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

thanks jen. love u too. even though i look like a freakin retard in that one picture... hah


...josh