Summer School
Lately my days seem to be filled with homework. The course, you ask? Trusting, 101. It sometimes feels like a course that I will never complete – one that will go on forever. And, in a sense, it will. The past few weeks, though, seem to have been especially intense. The Professor is excellent – the best there is, in fact – but He sure is insistent upon implicit obedience!
I am learning so very much, too! He has pointed out to me many areas of weakness and has been so gracious to walk me through ways to change and grow in both knowledge and application. You see, the goal of learning is never simply gaining knowledge for the sake of knowledge. It’s not enough for a baby to simply “know” how to walk yet never walk. How pointless would that be? Neither is it satisfactory to simply know that trust is necessary in my relationship with God…I must apply that all-important knowledge to every area of my life.
How? That is what I am learning. That is the purpose of this course. Is there conflict in a relationship? Trust that God is still at work. Is there fear of the future? Trust that God’s hand is moving. Is there discouragement over a particular and persistent temptation? Trust that God’s grace is available for change.
I do not always know the “why” behind what I am doing, simply that it is what I must do. And it is most definitely a choice. If I were to wait until I felt like trusting, I would quickly begin to take matters into my own incapable hands, leaving God out of it…and making a mess. But if I take each situation as it comes (knowing that it is brought about by a loving and sovereign God) and remind myself of the truth, then the choice to trust becomes easier – much easier. And the result is not perfection or even fixed problems (what I used to anticipate). Instead, the result is peace….it is peace that passes understanding. It’s peace knowing that God is directing my path. And that is well worth the weeks of homework, the studying and the hours in class. It’s worth it because He is worth trusting.
It’s a great course, you should sign up!
'Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?' (Jeremiah 32:27) No. Nothing is too hard for my God. Not the past, present or future. Not my unbelief. Not my finite ability to comprehend the truth of the Gospel and its effects on me. Not my lack of trust. Nothing. All things are possible!"

5 comments:
Thank you so much for this post! It is very encouraging! What a great reminfer that NOTHING is too bog (or small) for God!!!! Love you girly!!
Excellent post, sissy! =) I love your honesty and humility!
sooo true... yep, taking that course myself this summer :) aahh... so you're going to be in gburg?? Oh I want to see you! The only thing is that I will be going to John's Hopkins for further testing that week. If I get admitted then it might be something that you would have to come see me as I'd be either in the hospital or at home... if you would be able to fit it into your schedule... but if I get released early and my health is stable enough I might... just might... be able to come to gburg to see you. I can't really bank on that though... ahh, would love to see you though!! we'll see as time grows closer
Wow, Jenn! What a great post - full of so much TRUTH and humility. Thank you for sharing. It seems like this past year has been full of lessons for me, too, in trusting our great Savior. I am going to be taking notes from this post of yours ;). He is so kind to continue to bring us through situations that draw us nearer to Him and farther from ourselves, isn't He? He is so gentle in how He does it, too, isn't He? No matter how difficult it can be, I am so glad that He doesn't leave us as we are, but that He is FAITHFUL to change us and make us more like Him so we can glorify Him. I pray for you often, sweetie! ;) See you soon!!
Jenn, this is very encouraging and heart provoking! Thank you SO much for your humility to share what God is doing in you life! It was great to see you over the weekend :)
Post a Comment