May 9, 2009

Click Here for Change

Grrrr. I am waiting for the (lots and lots of) new songs I just downloaded to finish uploading to my iPod. And it is taking a really long time. And I begin to complain (inside, because no one is around to hear and give me sympathy). And the Holy Spirit begins to convict me…and it reminds me that I often get impatient with how long it takes me to change in one area or another. So many times I can read something in Scripture or hear a message – “download” – and wish the application or change – “upload” – would be complete and instantaneous. I quickly find an annoying error popping up saying “Download Incomplete.” Then I can be tempted to give up…except that I remember that God has provided so many Tech Supports (far more than Apple ever could!) to help me along the way. Enter Next.*

Change may not come nearly as quickly as I would like – I’m a sinner saved by grace and one who will not be able to “upload” what I learn and know at all times. But God is faithful and will finish the good work He began in me!

* Important notice: Next, and those affiliated with Next, do not pretend that this conference can in any way, shape or form change an individual’s heart. Only the Holy Spirit can accomplish this. The conference is simply intended to be a means of grace – a tool or a help – in informing, teaching and training. Next is not affiliated with Apple – use Apple products at your own risk.

(C’mon, it wouldn’t have been complete without a disclaimer! :-))

(originally written for the Next 09 blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true and a helpful reminder. Thanks Jen!

Anonymous said...

Man, it makes me wish I were going to NEXT! Thanks for your humility and teachability, Jenn!
Love,
Mom