Welcome Home!
Well, I couldn't help it! I had to post and let you all know that the brother we've been praying for for years has finally been rescued! Yes, Joshua gave his life to Christ on Saturday night while we were away at Celebration. The story is a long one and amazing. He has already begun making some awesome lifestyle changes. We are so thrilled and just often times speechless at the changes. One of the things he texted my mom on Saturday was that he was overwhelmed by the fact that with everything Christ was still fighting for him. Wow. What an answer to prayer!!!
He joined us at Celebration Sunday night and Monday morning and already he was like a different person!
Tonight we had some friends over to celebrate what God has done and had a time of worship. I look forward to many more evenings of our WHOLE family being together and worshiping our Lord - and then ALL ETERNITY!!!! Wow.
Joshua and Neil-buddy
The Awesome Kyle Davis (except not when he's mean and messes my hair up!)
The guys...
Stephen Morgan - who also has an amazing story!!! I love this kid!
Brittany Jarvis (aka Gorgeous, and "Stephen's girl")
Heather or "lil bit"
More of "the guys"
What a great night!!!!
14 comments:
That is so exciting! WooHoo!!! So happy for you and your family...what an answer to prayer.
I am so excited for him, and cannot wait to see all that God has planned for him and your family. What an answer to prayer. Love you!
As I sit her reading your blog, I am so grateful and thrilled to see that God has captured your brother's heart!!! God is so faithful!!!! I am so excited to see what God has done! What a MIGHTY GOD we serve! This is a fresh reminder and gives much HOPE (through Christ) for the loved ones we pray for often!!! To God be all the glory! Thank you for sharing! Love and miss you!
Jenn, I cried. Jonathan and I were just talking about him (in a good way;) Please let him know that we are and will continue to pray for him. Oooooh give your mommy a squench for me! How exciting!!!
WOW! Oh that is such amazing news. Praise the Lord. Why wasn't I invited to this party? =)
from Allura: Yes, we are rejoicing! We are dancing! We are shouting! We are weeping! Our God is mighty to save! He is mighty to save! My boy has come home! Hallelujah! And Medana...a "squench"? :)
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praise Jesus! We are rejoicing with you!
A squench is a hug silly...
Oh and we werent invited either Tracy...you have to go to Jenn's HG for these kind of activites.
Jenn, this is wonderful news! I saw your status update on FB, and hoped this was what it meant, but was too shy to ask. Then I saw your mom's (hi Allura! :) and just wept at the faithfulness of our God. Josh has been on my heart and I've been praying for him ever since your post for his birthday - and what an amazing answer to prayer! I doubt he'd even remember me, but please pass on to him that there are probably lots of people he doesn't even know who love him and are REJOICING at God's work in his life!!
Allura said: Okay, squench is cute...real cute...just like you, Medana! :) Secondly, thank you all for your prayers for our Josh through the years. Our God is so faithful to complete what He's begun! Josh's repentance is such a great faith-builder for anyone who is facing huge obstacles in their life! Makes me wanna sing: Our God can do anything, anything, anything! Our God can do ANYTHING! Okay, so that's from the 80's, but i still sing it when no one can hear me! :) Love y'all!
Allura added: Hi Susan! :) So glad your little guy's a real boy :) (i read your status updates too...got a real good laugh outta that one!)
I really wish I could have been there. I'm really excited for Josh...and ecstatic that God has shown His faithfulness yet again.
Post a Comment